Monday, March 28, 2011

I Invented This Really Good Sandwich

I don’t have a refrigerator. Because I live at the Y. So I buy a lot of canned foods, including tuna fish. But I don’t have any mayonnaise, because of the no fridge. So I replaced the mayo with black beans.


You know, because beans come canned in that thick bean juice. I just piled the beans and tuna fish on there, as much as the bread could hold. One can of each is enough for two heaping sandwiches, and then I still had black beans leftover for a side of black beans.

I know it sounds gross, but the beans really take the edge off the raw tuna fish, and the tuna adds a salty zip to the beans.

This meal is:
1. Tasty
2. Fridge-less
3. Very Filling
4. Way Healthy
5. Cheap (less than $2)


Which means it's like the perfect “Living at the YMCA” meal. If you have any great “Living at the YMCA” meals of your own, leave them in the comments. I’ll try them out and feature them on the blog. You’ll be doing me a big favor, and you'll be like YMCA-blog-famous. I'm especially interested in hearing about things I can use instead of jelly on a peanut butter sandwich.

P.S. Friend-of-the-blog Heather suggested adding avocado to this sandwich. I love that idea. It would raise the price a little, but also might raise the tastiness to new extremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment